Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Rested and Relaxed

I am back from vacation, and it was more relaxing than I imagined it to be. Back to reality, work and taking care of the house and family (did I forget to say taking care of myself, yes, that is my normal way, forgetting about ME). I finished an easy read while I was away, the little bit of quiet time I got to myself at night when everyone was to bed http://www.debbiemacomber.com/agoodyarnexcerpt.htm and it got me really thinking of the simple things I love in life. I have always wanted to start my own business and I am always onto another idea, I need to stick with one idea, and start documenting my plan and ideas. My head becomes so full, I begin to race and get confused. I need to set aside a little time each day to start developing my plans. I love parties, throwing them, making favors, etc. and after reading my book The Good Yarn, it made me think of my Children's Party Business. I have always wanted to open a shop, a little upscale gift shop, where I can have an area for crafters, and then a little room for kids parties. I would also host parties outside of the shop. I could start without the shop and host parties at homes. I need to come up with some initial themes for particular age groups and work from there. I am going to start keeping a journal with my ideas. I think that will be a start. My scanner is broken, need my hubby to take a look at it, so my entries will be boring for a while. How do you keep your dreams, your plans, in order? My mind keeps racing. I want to develop a timeline, some goals and commitments. I don't have a lot of time, but I need to make it for what I love to do. Where do I start? I think if I made the time, got everything down on paper, I would realize how much more I have planned that I think....

1 Comments:

  • At 3:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Sweet Memories,
    There's nothing like time away to let you see who you really are. This is an exciting development. Since I'm steeped in Sonia Choquette, it's all about the third chakra, the yellow chakra, the "becoming master of your destiny" chakra.

    My planning technique is this: I work backwards. What is the final product that I seek? I work in pencil. When do I WISH to have that done?

    Then I write down absolutely everything that must happen before that. Each one goes on a small post-it or slip of paper.

    I start playing around with the timeline. Sometimes I work on a real timeline (a single straight line going across my living room floor). Other times I work with a calendar.

    I sometimes contract with people to call them when I'm done with Phase I. It puts the fear of God in me.

    Good luck to you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home