Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Monday, September 25, 2006

My Sweetest Pleasure


One of my greatest pleasures are my daugther's birthday parties. You see, when I was pregnant, I had a lot of worries and the worst was always in the back of my mind, actually in the front of my mind. Each birthday is just a complete celebration of her life, each day is a celebration that I have her in my life, and I thank god for her. I love bringing family and friends together each year for this, I try to be a little creative with the theme. I have more pics I will post, but wanted to throw a quick one together before I leave for work. We had a garden theme, but added bugs to it because there were a few boys there and I didn't want to have them get completely bored with flowers. I got into the stamping thing, so I made her an adorable banner for her birthday and tied lots of pretty fabric ribbons to it, and I stamped bugs, bees, catepillars and taped them on the tables and hung them inside. I got the most adorable tablecloths from Target (the place I spend 50 hours a week working) that were on clearance, I actually picked up more even marked down to 75% the other day, and I will have even more tables covered with these sherbety colors. We had a jumpy house, water slide, the swing set and our trampoline, I think the kids all had fun. It lasted a long time, the last guests leaving at 830 (started at 1 I think? or was it 2??) It was a blast, we made flower cookies with pink and green icing, flower and butterfly shaped sandwiches for the kiddies. I had lots of sandwiches and salads for the adults. I still have yet to create the thank you cards, but will this week. She had so much fun, but really all she couldnt wait for was the cake. All the kids wanted one of the ladybugs on the cake, so next year, whatever theme I have, I will make sure that I have extra frosting with lady bugs, flowers, so all kids can have a special frosting on their piece! We had a bumblebee and strawberry pinata..and a table where you could paint your flower pot or rock....I just love my girl..so much that I think of her every breath I take...I want her to know that she means the world to me...Happy 5th Kayla! You just amaze me...your depth, your knowledge....the things you come up with ....simply amaze me....when I close my eyes, I envision you as a Wise Child, the meaning of your name...you are my every breath...I once said to you Kayla, you are getting too big, you are not a baby anymore, and I looked sad, you replied "Dont be sad, I will still be your sweetie girl and daddys squeeky girl when I am 19 years old". I will miss you when I am at work today, but I know you will be at preschool learning and playing with your friends...and tomorrow is Mommy and Kayla day..tuesday, its the first thing you do when you wake up ...Is it Tuesday? Yes it is! Tomorrow we have a school trip, they always make them on Tuesdays because they know it is my only day off, during the week, we will go apple and pumpkin picking....I cant wait to 'Spend with you" as you always say.....

1 Comments:

  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger Suzie Ridler said…

    What a beautiful, caring and creative soul you have! I love the sound of this party, I wish I had gone to parties like that growing up. My inner artist might not have gotten so crumpled, LOL.

    You have a beautiful relationship with your daughter. You are very lucky.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home