Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Disciplines


I know these pics wont come out too well, but I went to Walmart to pick up some film today that had been gone for while, and they apologized that they were free because they were 'late'. I wasn't planning on picking them up until today, but hey, I didn't argue. I ran around today getting things ready for the big #5 party next weekend. I felt awful, womanly stuff, seems to come every 2 weeks now. Got my old post card results back in the mail, everything in my womanly body seems to check out ok, even though they come every two weeks and I get it so bad that I cant even stand up, everything checks out fine. What a ridiculous way that we get out confidential results back in the US mail, folded over taped postcard. Today I felt like a worthless woman. I had to call for two weeks to get someone that could read the results over the phone. Anyway, these pics cheered me up. K is practicing her karate at the beach. She goes twice a week for an hour each. She only has one yellow stripe, and goes after a very long day, so she is tired, but she still continues to keep her plan on going each week. She was the only one who showed up a few weeks back when it was 104 degrees. She had two senais helping her that night. I love the disciplines that she has. She is very routine with this and I owe it all to her daddy for being so consistent with her. Tonight we got into a little argument about letting her have caffeine and chocolate ice cream before bed. I had gone out to get a haircut and when I came home her pj bottoms were inside out, her shirt was on backwards and it had chocolate ice cream stains all over it. I told him how hard it is to get chocolate ice cream stains out of clothing and how Kayla has not been going to bed until 11pm and with the bitchiness that I have going on with my period, I cannot even believe that he is giving her caffinee and chocolate (more caffinee). I told him it was unacceptable. He is a great dad, but sometimes just does so much that the little important things are missed, like brushing teeth, brushing hair. He has so much fun with her, and does so because he skips over the important things. So needless to say, he is upstairs sufferring with her, getting her to try to calm down for bed. Good luck. I wish I had more disciplines in my life, I plan them and then veer off pretty easily. I need more routine in my life. I need more scheduling. I dont have a lot of free time, or time to do stuff around the house, and I do better managing all this that a lot of people I know, but I need to get better, I need more energy, more peaceful moments. I get anxious a lot when I lay in bed at night. I have sleep issues. I worry a lot about everything and everyone. But my hormones are all screwed up too...so I have to attribute some of it to my health. Well, one discipline that I keep is getting my haircut and colored every four weeks, thank god! I feel better and not so droopy now. I need to get back on my exercise program, not consistent for years. I need help with that. I need to join a program, and stop trying to think I can help myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home