Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Language of Love

This week's Mixed Media Memoirs topic is "My Symbolic Language". I was thinking about what I say and how I feel everyday. When I came back from work today, I turned on a CD/DVD that a friend of mine made me with pictures that blend into eachother of our last two visits together. She sent it to me last summer and this is the longest we have gone without seeing eachother, so I played it and Kayla and I watched this 10 minute clip over and over and sang the song, Elton John's You'll be Blessed. I was crying not from being sad, but from being so happy that I have such wonderful times and memories. The year before that for my birthday she sent a double wooden frame of a picture of me and her youngest, one on each side of the frame. I miss her, and of course I tried to call her and could not get in touch, I told her how much I missed her and I had a few words from a song for her, put the phone up so she could hear that we were playing our song. So I was thinking of everything I say and do and trying to find a common theme, and I picked Love. I am a person that communicates my love for all of the people I know and care about. I got a bunch of new stamping stuff, pastels, and some different powders that you stamp with clear stamps and then brush on pastels and chalks, while I was experimenting, I figured I would make a little collage out of it. I will be on vacation this coming week, so I will be trying to keep from the computer and focusing on quality time with my daughter, and hopefully I will get some pictures to share when I come back.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger kerry said…

    this is so sweet... i'm going to try to make cards and send them to the ones i love today out of being inspired by this post of yours. i too want to be someone who communicates love in everything i say and do day in and day out. thanks for this post and for visiting and commenting on my blog the other day. i appreciate it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home