Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Craft Overload

I have been buying some stamps from Michaels and having fun with them..then I went to one of those Stampin' Up parties where everything is so structured...I enjoyed it, but I dont like playing by the rules! I invested in some pearl dust stuff and some pastel chalks and a few sets of stamps...we made some cards, which I enjoyed, but I dont like the shape/size of the card. I make all my cards different sizes so I will ahve to experiment. I love the background stamps with the clear stuff you stamp and then rub pearl dusting powder on it. I originally started getting into this recently, because I want to make K's birthday invitations for September. Her theme this year will be a Garden theme with flowers and bugs (something for the boys and something for the girls). I have lots of ideas already, I think about it all year round. Any cute ideas for a garden themed party? I usually get too involved..I want to keep it simple, One craft, One set of favors, One Game.....I get carried away with these parties...another business I want to get into...

I want to make a commitment to myself and STOP spending so much on crafts, etc. and work with what I have. I seem to buy so much and do so little with it....I want to finish some of my jewlery, get going on her antique miniature doll house and furniture, make lots of cards, and thats it! Maybe some journals too.....how to you keep yourself committed to what is in front of you? I seem to have such an issue with it..I need to start writing lists for my projects and follow through.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home