Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Family Love



Well, we did it, we all met half way where we live for a day together. It rained the entire day, and not one of us complained about it, we were all too excited to be together..we grabbed our umbrellas and walked around the Seaport Village and Aquarium. Kayla has developed a love for handmade cards as she sees me working away at them. She has a makeshift desk next to mine (her craft table is in the kitchen, but she wants to be next to me..we are going to move everything around one of these days and have ours next to eachother), She sent her first handmade card out to her nana and when nana was coming off of the ferry, she had it in her hand. It was a magical moment for Kayla, she was simply amazed with how this worked. She wants to make cards everyday. I will be setting up a little mailing center for her and she can send as many cards out as she wants! She has learned to write most of her letters and loves to tell me what she wants to write and I tell her what letter. She informed me that when she grows up, she thinks she will be a Craft Gurl. She is so cute and appreciates art, and I love your crafty times together. Our day all together as a family as sweet. My mom, sister in law and brother had fun with Kayla as you can see. My dad, brother and husband were working, but we still kept with the plan. They each have their own businesses, so I understand it doesn't always work out, next time! Kayla would run to nana when she needed a rest, which was nice, to get a little break...she is taking a nap on nanas lap...wish I still could, but I am too big!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger andria said…

    Cute....3:26 am...you really need to sleep. I don't see how you do it. I am definitely not a night owl.

    Anyway, how sweet your daughter wants to do the things you do. I used to stamp and make cards like crazy and have a thousand dollars worth of stamps to show for it. I found Jacob some cheap ones and he would make his own too. Sadly, I no longer have the time or room to make cards so Hallmark is getting my money again, but I remember how much fun that was to sit and make cards with my little guy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home