Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Sweet Memories Part 2

The name sweet memories will be the gift shop that my friend D and I have always dreamed of opening. She signs her cards Sweet Memories, D. She is someone that I have a history of sharing sweet thoughts and special moments with. She gives from the heart and she has a sweet spirit. She has always been so good over the years since I had Kayla remembering special days, but I have not. I have not done for her what she deserves. We chat at least once a week but rarely get to do the things we loved, browsing the little card stores in Boston, shopping, getting together as a group. We still get together a few times a year, our annual Christmas party commitment, it is usually in the summer! But we do it no matter what time of the year it is. There are 9 of us, including Kayla. They love having her as part of it, as no one else has children. M has kids/grandkids, but they are older and she doesn't bring them. One of the group J moved to Florida and he is home now, so our next gathering seems to be about a week away. We are so laid back and relaxed and just laugh and have fun. I want to put a package together for my sweet memory girl. I talked to her yesterday and told her about my blog and also my craft swap and she is coming. She is one of my creative friends. Our last job together we used to do 'show and tell' in the morning and just bring in our most beautiful gifts, cards, etc. It was a cute moment we shared. I made her this journal last night in bed...I miss her and love her....still have to fix the back, as you can see the red notebook still showing..not easy crafting in bed at midnight! But I feel fulfilled this morning before work....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home