Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Change that I Witness


Last week's topic forMixed Media Memoirs was What Change do I Witness. I thought about the only thing in my life that is always a safe haven and where I feel the most comfortable and myself. When I first bought my home, I was so scared, no one in my family had yet done this, except my parents who moved into and later purchased my grandparent's home. Mark and I had decided that we would start looking for a home and within 6 months, we had found one and closed. When we moved in it was right to work, ripping up carpets, remodeling just about everything. When I look back, we have worked so hard on everything that we have with little or no help from anyone. It was such an accomplishment to us and we felt so good. Things have changed a bit, our careers have changed, life is easy for us. We live within our means. It is simple. Every time I pull into my driveway I just feel at peace, no matter what ever happens through out the day, I am just grateful that I have my home to come to. A lof of family and friends move around a lot and buy their houses whether it is for work, or they are just upgrading. I don't ever want to move. I am too attached to my home, my yard. It is just right. Yes, the rooms change, the decor changes, but it always the same feeling...safe...secure and happy....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home