Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Graduation


Today was graduation at Kayla's school. Some moved onto kindergarten, others are staying on for next year and moving around days. I finished my teachers gifts by adding lemons and limes this morning and made chocolate chip cookies for the gang. It was a beautiful day and Mark showed up. I guess his previously scheduled appointment must have cancelled. I was happy he came. I love my family and just want more for us.
Most of the mothers there stay home with their kids. I work but don't have to for the money. My husband has a successful business that can more than support us. I am not sure what I do or why I do it, I just DO.....it's strange that I just go along with this, committing as much time to a job that I really just don't like. It is not like me, conforming to what everyone else 'thinks' I 'should' do. I have to start to find something else that makes me happy. I want to open a gift shop someday, and don't know what I am waiting for. I am super productive and know that if I could do something that I love, I would be so much happier..... I have so much to look at, I have to respond to some emails and comments on what I am up to with this gift shop...I really need to move forward with my ideas and plans....My daugther sings a song, "Get your butt moving, Get your butt moving" and she runs around the house, that is what I need to do....I should commit a little each day to creating my dream business.....why don't I? I am going ot start!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger andria said…

    Like I always tell my husband, who works 14 hours a day in a job he doesn't like but dreams of being a park ranger, you only get one life. It would be sad to waste a minute of it not being happy in everything.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home