Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Kayla's Playmate





Today we were trying to get 'stuff' done around the house and yard and Kayla kept asking if Aiden could come over. Our neighbors like their family time too, but when Aiden or Kayla hears eachother in their yards, they are climbing over fences to get to eachother. Can you tell? They are just the two cutest playmates. The nice part about it is my friend Aimee and I are just so easy going about our kid's friendship, our homes, our lives as neighbors. It is nice to have this relationship, especially with someone that lives next door to you. We meet at the fence when one of us needs to borrow something to complete our dinners, when we bake something, we meet to exchange if we have an abundance. I always wondered when I moved here, what it would be like with the people around me. We moved here before they did, only by about 6 months. We were both couples without kids, and I got pregnant one year after she did with Aiden. They go to the same preschool, but Aiden will be moving onto kindergarten. Today they were washing their hands together and Aiden put his hand on Kayla's shoulder and said "Don't worry Kayla, I will still have my Tuesday playdates with you, it will just have to be after school, I will have the bus drop me off right at your house". Having Kayla has definitely added a new dimension to my life. You see adults differently. You probably hang around with some mothers that you wouldn't normally if the kids were not involved. I am so happy to be part of Aiden's life, and hope that Kayla will always have time with him. I get worried as a mother how her friends will affect her life. I was very lonely growing up and felt left out a lot, I was sensitive and a lot troubled me. I don't want her to feel that way. I am still a little bit like that and get a uncomfortable around a group of mothers for some reason. Maybe because I still feel a little immature and know I have a lot of growing to do. Maybe because I am sensitive and always worry about whether or not people accept me. I hope to make the best efforts at friendships with the mothers that Kayla will be at school with next year. Unfortunately this year's group is all moving to Kindergarten, with the exception of Kayla and one other little girl. They just didn't make the cut off. Her teachers say she is academically ready but could use another year socially. I agree. She drew this butterfly today when I was doing my post for Mixed Media Memoirs . She used my good markers, she has her own, but wanted mine, at first I said No, then what the heck! They are replaceable! Is there any advice out there on bonding with the women in the playgroups/school? I thought I would be the first one to run the craft fair, etc. Enough posts for the day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home