Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Fridays Finds - Red, White and Blue



Maryanne, on of the few that read my blog, started friday's finds that I wanted to get involved with, but still have to set up my flickr account. She was kind enough to send me some great information on how to get on, but I just have not done it yet. By this Friday, I will! But I wanted to post something Red, White and Blue that I found. I used to collect seaglass, and separated it by color, put into fanstatic jars and gave it to my aunt when I was cleaning closets and she sold them at her thrift store. I saved my blue, because I knew how hard it was to find. I found a marble that had been very weathered and I remember when I found it, I just let out the deepest sigh. Parts of the white have expanded beyond the blue. My seaglass walks along Plymouth beach were taken when I was going through a lonely stage in my life. I lost interest in collecting it, but I am glad I saved this. I also kept the few pieces of red that I found. At my baby shower, my sister in law scattered purple and white seaglass on the tables, mixed with seashells and hydregnas..the people I love know what I love...my mother at the time collected a bunch of pieces and put them in a bottle and sent them to me for Christmas....her and my dad exchanged heart shaped pieces of green seaglass instead of rings on their second marriage to eachother! (yes, they sold their original set of rings when they divorced each other). When I get into something, it seems like the people around me begin to love the same things...seaglass, its a wonder, little pieces of glass scattered, so hard to find!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home