Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Mother's Day Memories



My first mother's day without a Grandmother. It was this past November that I was at work placing a piece of furniture on the shelf that smelled like her last apartment in New York City. The apartment was filled with Italian families that cooked all day and you could just smell the garlic down the hallways when you entered the building. I closed my eyes and thought of her not worrying about what customers saw me. I wanted to make sure it was not my imagination. It wasn't. I smelled it again, and there it was...something that reminded me of her...I wore her rings that day, two antique rings, beautifully handmade in Italy, white gold with the prettiest stones. I had a feeling that morning that she wouldn't be around much longer. I said good night to those I worked with and told them I had a feeling that my Grandmother would die tonight, they all thought it was a strange thing to say. I logged onto my email the next morning and my dad was on the way to get her ashes down in Georgia. She passed at 7pm that previous night, I smelled her at 7pm, and left work at 730pm. I have always felt a connection with God, little messages are sent to me like this from time to time. I was at peace with her passing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home