Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Life's Gardens


My yard is very woodsy and this particular garden was here when we bought the house. Last year we were going to plant grass over it and cover it up. It is in the middle of nowhere nd near a little area where we dump our leaves, which was a huge hole that the previous owners used to 'burn'. We have been covering it up over years so that it would be level with the rest of the yard. Last year, my husband's customer dug up his entire yard because he did not like the landscaping. This tree used to be outside of a house we rented and was symbolic to us both. Mark dug it up and brought it over and replanted it. For months he thought about whether it could survive the transport or not. This year, it flowered, and everytime I look out the window, and I see my garden I close my eyes and take a deep breath and think of my husband and how he is just so talented. He enjoys being in the yard and taking care of all the plants, flowers, trees. Each year he adds something very beautiful. Last year he added a walkway of blue stone slate that he dug up from behind my parents house on Long Island. We used to have a patio growing up and my mom dug it up and trashed it behind this huge rock where they dumped their leaves. When I showed Mark, he said that the stone was so old and such good quality, why did they throw it out. We brought it home and he built me a walkway to my front steps. It reminds me of when I was a little girl, these stones were outside of my mother's bedroom, looking out onto the patio. Mark does things with such ease, he is a natural. I struggle with projects, where he just embraces them and is at ease with the finished look. I admire him everyday for his accomplishments. He is an artist. His landscaping, woodworking, mechanical abilities...he is gifted....I hope that he is proud of what he does. He has such passion for his work...yet he does not obsess over it and just accepts things the way that they are. No stress, no indecision...He also does a beautiful job re-creating, bringing back to life things that people just dispose of. He treasures everything in life and takes such great care of our home, our family. He does not smile though and thinks it is just normal to accomplish these things...people look at him in awe and he just does not see how good he is....someday I will write about what a great father he is....another thing that just amazes everyone that sees him and her together...he has made the best of his life...never complains, just moves forward with whatever life gives him...I wish I could learn more from him.... I want to look outside and see something that I have accomplished. I hide from it, because I am scared of obsessing over projects and seeing what the outcome could be. I need to have more confidence and patience. I have not showed Mark my blog yet, maybe I will show him tonight. I want to be in the gardens, play, have fun.....with him.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home