Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

What My Style Says About Me

This weeks Mixed Media Memoirs Topic 'What My Style Says about Me' made me obsess about my closet and what is in there, what does not fit, what I don't like that I have been hanging on to. For years, my colors were black and white. I tried to add color and every time I do, the items that I buy end up being worn once, and then I either throw them out or hand them down to someone. I spend a lot of money on clothes that I buy with intentions that it is going to make me feel 'better', then in fact, they end up making me feel worse. Maybe it is just bad timing and maybe I just think too much about the things that bug me. The truth is, I am happy with classic colors and fits. Growing up, I was called the Lady in Black. I was also on the best dressed list in High School so I know that my choice of colors didn't affect my unique style and fashion. I feel like I don't have the time to feel and look good. My job requires me to work 50 hours a week and I don't have any family support for childcare. I struggle every day trying to find a balance and just get stressed out. It affects the way I look and feel. I have an additional 20 lbs on me from giving birth that I have trouble keeping off. I gain, lose, gain, lose. I wake up every morning thinking of a New Day and how can I move forward and keep positive. I need to create a plan on how to feel better and move forward more positively.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home