Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Child's Painting


I wanted to post a painting that Kayla brought home from school last week. I love her school. She is so happy there and she comes home with the most creative projects. I love this one because she drew picture of a flower and told the teacher what it was. She doesn't know all of her letters yet, but they let her trace the word. I love the fact that she drew all the branches and the roots. The work she brings home everyday helps me better to accept that I am not home with her. Kayla loves flowers, landscaping. My husband takes her on the mower at least once a week and she has fun cutting the grass with him and she takes care of the plants and flowers in the yard. I grew up with mostly greens, not a lot of color or flowers. My parents have a beautiful yard with a lot of japanese gardens styles throughout. Mark just plants whatever he can get his hands on and all he does he does with love. There is color everywhere, but it is maintained nicely, not too sculptured, just looks natural like it grew there...I think Kayla will be all about color. When I was little, I got my ears pierced and got the simple gold studs. Kayla picked out blue stone flowers with Pink in the middle last week. I am looking at her pretty little ears right now...she helps me type my posts, I tell her what letters to push and she gets all excited... I am going to let her discover herself, discover color, be creative in her appearance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home