Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Mark's 39th Birthday


I always make lists to keep me on track and ensure that I accomplish everything I have set out to do and when it comes to my husband's birthday, I get into a real situation where I just never know what to get him and it turns out to be a stressful situation. Mark grew up with not much, I won't embarrass him by telling you what little he did have growing up. He started a successful business and now he has been fortunate enough to have a great fortune for the work he has done. We see things differently in that I like time with my family and he likes to be physically working or building something on his days off. So I have four days coming up and I am so glad I wrote this card. Mark bought a boat last summer and anything he ever buys, he has to add his own touch too...so he bought a new engine and is putting it in the boat. He bought a new sewing machine and made rugs, he had the interior all reupholstered....I went out on it once last year and feel like he just goes too fast...it is not enjoyable for me..neither is all of the time he has spent over the past few months perfecting it....he works hard and I don't want to ruin his weekend with my attitude about what he will be doing..he will be working on this thing until Monday so we can all go out on it...so I came up with a list of things I can do for the family this weekend to keep my sanity...I posted it here because when I share my feelings it helps me through the day, no matter if one person reads it or no one reads it, I still have gotten it off my mind...I hope I can committ to these promises....it is a good start, now I have to get going since I am working tonight, and tomorrow! I bought him an Airforce scrapbook from Michaels that I couldnt even start, so I will wrap it up and tell him it is a work in progress..I wanted to finish my book from Disney World in January, and I got him some items for the boat, towels, cooler bag....it just seems like he doesnt go for the simple things in life like I do.....I am going to work on him this weekend! I need to breathe....unwind....relax....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home