Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Baby Sock Roses


I don't know why I obsess over gift giving. I make these roses for anyone who is having a baby. I saw them once and have been making them for years. This particular one I made for one of Kayla's teachers who is having a shower in a few weeks. I just think it is cute to have a bouquet of roses that last a while, and it is a nice gift for a new mom to be. I seriously obsess over gift giving. It consumes most of my free time, as ridiculous as it sounds. All day long, creating gifts for people. I wish I could just do it all day long as a career. I am not happy with what I do for my full time career, it is just not rewarding. I do it for family reasons, but often times feel like I sacrifice everything for everyone elses' happiness. I had a good day (my daugthers favorite song! she changed the words from Bad day to good day!) today singing in the car with her, painting boxes and making up stories on paper with stickers. I have a few friends that think I am crazy because I am so into making gifts, and often they say, why do you bother?! I bother because I love to make a handmade gift and it helps me to show my passion for giving. I remember when I made some favors for my daughter's birthday and someone said, why did you waste your time?! Not a waste at all, I want people to understand that this is me, I love what I make, and I have been trying to find more time since I have been blogging, to create. I am more relaxed, happier and feel like I can finally now squeeze in some time for myself.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger Skiingred said…

    Howdy - just happened along your blog... love the gift ideas, especially the sun tea jars - very clever!

    Have a good day!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home