Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Father's Day



Here I go again..obsessing over gifts....If I don't get my dad's Father's Day stuff in the mail tomorrow, express mail, he will not get it on time. So far this year, I have mailed everything on time, give or take a day, which was one of my New Year's resolutions. If not, I was going to celebrate an 'unbirthday' year and just give when I could, what I could, but so far so good. I made this card last night for my dad. The reason why I have such a hard time giving gifts is because purchasing something at a store, etc. just does not express the way I feel about the people in my life. My dad, I will post something about him on Father's day, is a wonderful, loving, passionate man who has achieved such great things in life, most of all, a love for what he does....He got his Captain's license at age 60. He has always had a love for the ocean, and now charters his boat as well as others off of Montauk on Long Island, NY. He is known as Captain John, and his stories are just simply breath-taking. He is simply the most wonderful man alive to me (and my brothers, husband) I never imagined motherhood to have such an affect on my relationship with my dad. It has been a long journey with him, but we are at a place where I hold no regrets, just simple beautiful memories as well as looking forward to each day with him. I have not shown any of my family my blog yet, and only two close friends from my childhood. I don't know when I will be ready. When were you ready? How does your family react? My family is a very sensitive one and they know what I love, so I am just not sure why I am holding back? Is it because there is stuff that i have not shared yet that I will not if they know? I am not sure myself just yet, have not reached that far down.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger andria said…

    Are those CTMH stamps? They look familiar. I have a thousand dollars or more invested in them, but I have no more time to use them anymore.

    The only one in my family who knows about the blog is my husband and honestly, I kind of wish he didn't either. Sometimes I just want to gripe about him and now I can't.

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    You know I dont even remember the name on the stamps..I needed the alphabet for some cards for my daughter's class and I thought they were the cutest ones for kids....got them from Michaels...they arent the greatest....I think I am still hesitant about the family reading my blog...not sure yet...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home