Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Breathing in the Garden


I was outside today for a few minutes and wanted to take a few quick pics of some of our gardens. My husband does a little landscaping each evening and keeps everything looking so natural but so pretty. I always appreciated his love for our yard. The fountain is one he bought me for mother's day last year, when he was in Virginia with Kayla on a 10 day camping trip. I love when it is running, it is so peaceful. I love sitting down in my backyard, and just looking at how beautiful things are that we created. There were so many times we wanted to rip things up but just went with what we had and worked on making it look neater.

There was a poem I read today in a book The Seven Whispers. The poem is by Susan Litwak

Tonight Everyone in the World is Dreaming the Same Dream

Each person lies in their bed, restless
calling an unknown name.
An angel comes to each and every one
and says: "Choose one hand," its own hands
shimmering behind its back
"In the right is life, in the left
death, called emptiness." At that moment
sobs are heard all over the earth,
and in the heavenly spheres
a rain of tears.

In the dream I am weeping,
For the angel has no hands,
only wings; and each person gazes
at their own palms, purified and glowing
One hand holds a spark, the other
a dry coal. Each person
spreads their wings.
The earth is created, and moves us
on our journey
toward remembering.

I read this after posting for Mixed Media Memoirs. I bought this book for my mom for her birthday and she sent it back to me along with The Artist's Way. When I told her I wanted to get back into journaling, she sent me a package within a few days.

I have a few friends that have been reading my blogs, their emails are very uplifting. One that I have not written about, which I will on Sunday, asked for the link again. She is a sweet soul and all of the emails I have been getting from my friends are wonderful and motivating.

I have to move forward and get out the door today..but for now, please be good to yourselves and take time to do things that you love....because you will love yourself more when you do....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home