Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Day with the Cousins



This morning we packed up to go to a parade. It is tradition for hubby's family and at first we were going to go away for a few days, and my hubby silently without much fussing, make it obvious that it was important to go to the parade that she has been going to for 39 years. How could I argue with this?! We have been having a little bit of a hard time lately, and thought we needed a few days away together, but it all worked out. When we were packing, my little one decided she wanted to pack some toys and a cup of water that she helped herself to from the refrig because she didnt want to get 'hot' at the parade. I thought it was just the cutest thing that she things she needs to take care of herself like this, so I carried the bag around with the cup of water, making sure not to spill it. She was so proud of herself. We got to see her cousins, which live locally but because of 'family dynamics' does not get to see them much. It was a lovely day, with the exception of kids almost getting killed by cars in the parade because they wanted CANDY. At the end of the day Kayla decided she wanted to have her own parade in the driveway, and started throwing around her candy at her cousins. She was so tired, she was being goofy. It meant so much to my mother in law that we were there today, more than I knew when I was actually planning to go away. Had we decided to go away, it would have been her first year since she has met me that I have not been there. The sacrifice I made today actually was a good one, I was happy there, and comfortable, more so than I have been in the past. I always try to consider everyones' feelings and at times feel like I give myself the shaft, but today was a great decision. I felt the family feeling that has been missing for many years, a lot has happened between all of us, and today, it was just sharing art, talents, and sweet loving conversations. It was beautiful...and I cannot wait to send a thank you to her for making it so special...

1 Comments:

  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger andria said…

    My kids are spending the week with their cousins as well. They only get to see them once a year.

    You can find my friend's blog on my links at The Great Adventure. She is still doing WW on a maintain level now. She really liked it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home