Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Tuesday's Beach Day



We did it, we packed up the trucks and drove out to the beach. My friend A is very daring and talked me into a beach pass a few years ago, I got this years also. I dont really love driving on the beach, I am afraid I will do something bad to my truck, I just got a brake job that cost well, too much, almost 2K...ughhhhhh..could have went to Disney for a week! yuka! It to me has always been too much work, but I am trying to be more proactive in planning so I can enjoy my day off more. So I have just made it a goal to try to do grocery shopping and bills on days that I work so that on Tuesday, my precious day off each week with my girl, is devoted to just her and some friends...and Tuesday night is 'family night' where we usually go out for dinner or do something like play a board game together. How do you plan you days off? With all that we do and dream of doing, I find it necessary to write lists and goals each day. This way, I can have time for me, and time for others...better balance, I strive for it each day...the beach day turned out nice, I had a nice cry on the way home with my friend P, she gave me wonderful tight hugs again. I bought a bunch of beads for us to make bracelets but we never did bring them out to play. I am trying to get into beading, such beautiful jewelry you can make, but need to take a class or book, not real good at tieing them together and getting the clasps going....it will take time...but I got some beautiful beads, cant BELIEVE how inexpensive it is to get into this...Next week we will be spending some family time away. My husband is taking the week off and wanted to take Kayla away but I thought, it would be easy that way, book a flight and run, or we can try to get a few days all together, so we will be taking a visit together for two days to a little historical town and village. It will be different as we have a family (his) tradition of going to the July 4th parade in his town, but he didn't mention it, and I feel it is important for us all to take some time together and figure some things out...why we are so rushed all the time, why we seem to struggle with balance...we need to smile, laugh, enjoy....I hope I can be stress free for two days, any ideas how to prepare and not get overwhelmed?! Now, off to work, have a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home