Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Beading

I dont know why or how I took up another hobby...beading..I had fun this time with it..at the beach today, I created two long ones with black cord and antique looking silver beads. The large beads at the front of the necklaces are from napkin rings on clearance at target. I love greens and browns...earth tones...they came out really nice, although you cant really see them well in the picture. I you double click, you can see them more closely. I started out with braclets over the past few days, but they are just 'ordinary and I wanted to try something different. I wear a lot of long sleeve ts in the winter and fall and I am always looking for a longer necklace to pop out on the shirt. Usually necklaces are just not the right length for me, so I made these longer. These are going to be gifts, just have to create some packages that I am about to send out. I learned how to crimp on the beach today so now I have ideas for many more! What type of necklaces do you wear? I like silver and black or white gold. My wedding ring in platium and so are my earrings, and I normally dont change my earrings, in fear I will lose them...I like long neclaces and a funky ring once in a while. I really like the black cord. I have many more beads to play with, and the thing I love about beading, is if you dont like something, the only thing you have wasted is the string, and not all of it! you can just restring them. I have a few shirts that have ties and a few beads and I want to add to them....but of course I just dont like to buy all my beads, I like to 'find' them and whenever I found those knapkin rings on clearance, I couldnt wait to get creating! I always add a bead or two to my gift tags...making it more sparkly...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home