Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Friday's Finds




I want to participate and I just can't get into my flicker account today, need to revisit my account and see what is going on, but I really wanted to participate in http://www.1of4sisters.blogspot.com/ (Maryann's)((http://www.flickr.com/groups/fridaysfinds/ Friday's Finds. I went to a book fair in my little town today and my gosh, it was a mob scene! People were lined up with their bags and boxes and they had their books to price out what the worth of the books were and their calculators ready. We were not 'allowed' to 'look' at the tables until the church bells went off at 10:00. I had got their earlier because across the street there was a yard sale. I picked up a bunch of stuff for 6.00, a few dolls for Kayla, a few baskets for goodies that i want to send out, and an old pattern for doll clothes that I will cut up and use as either paper dolls or greeting cards. I found four magazines, including two Better Homes and Garden Mags from the 1940's. Adorable! They are all December issues and I have already cut them up and I am making Christmas cards out of them..Christmas in July?! Maryanne what have you done to me!? Ok, so I find these little packages of 'Bridge tally sheets'. for .25, they look like little greeting cards, I will use them for tags or little cards, oh my gosh, the endless possibilities of paper! So I am having heart palpatations from my finds today! I cannot wait to craft tonight when everyone goes to bed. My hubby's cousin was there setting up his band to play at the book fair, and his wife was manning the childrens book table (Oh the books that I got there! vintage children books for .25/each!) This will keep me busy for a while! My little one had fun picking out a few dollies for 1.00 each. She carried a little red basket around with her. You see, I always liked to rummage around, but I am usually working when these events come about in my town. I want to go back, but I have so many projects going at once, I need to settle down and get going! At the fair today, this lady that was working there, said "I love your shirt"..she said it a few times until I realized she was talking to me..I usually dress plain, but this looks like a vintage shirt with some soft pink velvet washed tie ups at the top and some sparkly pink little beading...pretty....She said it reminded here of the movie she saw last night Devil Wears Prada?? I dont get to go out to the movies and she had asked if I saw it, and told me it reminded her of the movie, ok, so what does this mean, obviously it is a compliment. I dont get too many compliments, probably because I usually overwhelm every conversation. A few ladies compliments my little girls dress, one woman, said, "I love the way that you dress her". It was a 5.99 dress from the childrens place that is like tie dye layers, long....tank dress...we both felt 'pretty' today...what a lovely day! I didnt think I would have the energy to go out with my hubby and little one tonight, he wants to go to the movies, but with this day fullfilled with good things, I have come out of the depression I was in this am....(I drank an ice coffee at 7pm, went to Michaels, bought more beads and stamps and made braclets in my bed until 1pm, wired from the coffee...so that sort of made me take a step back this morning from feeling good.) Happy weekend! Can anyone who is reading this give me any helpful short hints, if not too much trouble how to set you up on my sidebar! I want to get more involved, and read more and connect more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home