Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Vacation

I have been spending the past 2 weeks trying to make a decision on a vacation....I know there are friends and family that keep in touch through reading this blog, and this is what I have been doing. I dont have a lot of free time and have been spending all of it obsessing over what to do...you see, usually the first week in August is when all of Kaylas babysitting, schools, shut down, so this is when I take a few days off, not a true vacation week from work, I usually take those in Jan and Oct....before and after the retail rush, and we always go away, usually to Disney World because I love it there, feel comfortable getting around by myself with K if I have to, because I totally know my way around there, I have been a lot since I did an internship down there in college and just make it part of my life. It is not expensive if you do it right, so I have gotten over feeling guilty....we usually went once a year, but I dont know what happened last year, it got out of control..I went twice alone with K, my hubby went once with K, and we went once together...I think at this age with K it is better to get away when on vacation, it is a stress reliever for all, we work so hard and just like to get away for our vacations...so I have been getting a little overwhelmed with what to do....we have passes for the year, so I am not worried about the price of tickets to the parks,....I dont eat much when I am there, eat light, no sit downs, etc...I got two roundtrip tickets for 250 for airfare, and the hotel will cost me anywhere from 500-800 depending on where I want to stay....do I take the value resort for 99, or do I take the Beach Club or Saratoga for 189/159..these hotels usually run about 400/night, but disney annual passholders get a discount...so for the two of us to go, for 4 nights, this aint a bad deal...if I stay here, I will get caught up in the humidity and allergies, the house will be trashed on a daily basis and I think I will just be stressed out....or will everything go so smooth that I will get massive amounts of projects done? When we get back on Thursday, we will leave on Friday to go camping, which is only an hour and a half away...we get together with my college friends and their families once a year and it is usually one the Cape, but no one really could spend the week so when they heard about the campground we were going to, they booked! I had already made the plans, so my hubby, K and myself could at least spend a few days together on my vacation....this will give my hubby a few days to wrap up some jobs, and relax so he CAN go away for a few days......He says I should go, he would...last year he decided to go the day after Thanksgiving when we were driving back from NY, and he said, book me a trip, so I did on his NExtel and a few hours later, he was off with her for a long few days, and he didnt resist staying in the contemporary on the top floor, he doesnt obsess like me, he just does it...and feels good about it....you see, I grew up on a conservative budget, but was fulfilled with what life gave me...now I have a little more financial stuff to play around with, and I feel guilty, because I dont know if I want to work this much, but if I do, I might as well treat myself, because if I dont, my hubby may! so, I am just feeling guilty about this, my friends roll their eyes when I tell them I am going again....its ok, it is just where I am in my life, I need to escape to somewhere I feel comfortable and need to return to my retail management position with a relaxed attitude....which for me is my biggest struggle in life, I get worked up even over this...I am a mess....one of my peers at work calls me a train wreck..he is right..I am....but he is the one that called me to tell me that southwest was running a special at 59/each way when he knew I had already made up my mind NOT to go.....help!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger andria said…

    Any chance you could rent a beach house for a couple days? We will be doing that soon, it's close enough to home to leave the pets and drive and check on them daily and dad can drive to work, yet away from our neighborhood and "new".

    We also camp at the campground near my parents lake house. If it doesn't work out we can always pack up and leave. I don't think we are ready for far away vacations yet.

     
  • At 4:19 AM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    thanks for the comments, I have been away for so long, and SO GRATEFUL to have you three ladies leave me some advice so right away..I am BLESSED! thank you thank you! I knew there was someone out there that would listen to me! You gals are incredible! I wrote a list last night after working from 430am to 530pm and it consisted of making dinner, working out, giving k a bath, book and bed, doing bills...then I even had some time to do some other things and onto tonights list already and it is only 7am!hmmmmm when you put your mind to something....I am not sure what I am doing yet, but having completely ruled out WDW, but havent completly ruled out a house on the beach either thanks Andria, mary ann and melba for the great listening and advice....I have planned out my week so that if I want to go I will be ready to go..if I stay home and just do camping with the college gang, then I want to create a new work center, art center here I take all my supplies to my dining room table and have to pack them up again..I have a desk, but just not enough room for everything lately///sorry I have not been in touch on your blogs too much, I am going to take some time this evening to do that! thanks! I missed you guys!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home