Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

What Worked for Me

A few weeks ago, 'What Worked for Me' was the topic for Mixed Media Memoirs . As I lay in bed, I wondered what has helped me in being a happier person and what have I done differently to get excited each and every day to wake up and take on the day? Then I thought of honesty and how I have become more honest with myself, admitting what doesn't make me smile, and changing those things that affect my mood each day. I have been doing great with my diet and exercising, not necessarily in it right now to lose the weight, but to feel better and take steps towards being happier and healthier. I had a great week and one of the reasons why I decided not to 'run away' on a vacation is because I want to eat healthy, exercise and continue on this path. I know that we can all do that when we are on vacation (yeah right!) and I thought, what would happen if I passed out while working out in the hotel room and Kayla couldn't get help? So, I am going to go for morning walks, challenge myself with long workouts in the evening, get out my stamps and card making stuff, work on some packages that are late getting out, meet with Melba, and just do the sweet things that make ME happy. We will still meet the college friends for camping next weekend, and I will still go over night once this week with my friend Patti to storyland, and to the beach with Aimee (just in case anyone of you girlies are reading this, I have not cancelled our plans, just mine for staying over on the cape)....After work today, I will be relieved of the stresses there, I have no boss right now (no one has been assigned to our store just yet), and I just changed positions at work (lateral move) and now in charge of 'Guest Experience'. A whole different outlook at work too...Positive..very much so.... I am going to keep on being honest with myself, and when someone asks me "How is your day going?" I can respond in a more positive way...because so far, since it is only 330am and I am showered and getting ready for work, I still posted today and can move on with my 'third' job, (my first one is taking care of myself, the second is my family).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home