Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Camping Out

I have always been one to experience a new adventure, so I have passed that along to my little one. Her first camping trip was in a tent in an absoutlely beautiful campground called Paradox Lake in New York, http://camping.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=camping&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dec.state.ny.us%2Fwebsite%2Fdo%2Fcamping%2Fcampgrounds%2Fparadox.htmljust breathtaking. I had bought my hubby everything for camping for Fathers day. It was hard because K was just starting to walk and she got real dirty, but baby wipes always took care of the little dirt. We used the tent once, but this weekend, when we went to http://www.jellystonesturbridge.com/ we gave our tent to some of our friends to use, so they could spend the night there too. Another family came and brought their own tent and stayed. They will be going camping in Montana next year at Glacier National Park? and they have asked us if we would like to join them. I am not one for camping in a tent, I get little sleep as it is, and dont mind doing it in my backyard, but I think it would be too stressful. So, I am looking into the timeshare swap thing in Montana so we can go. I don't want to sound like a snob, but it is just not my thing. K is not at the age either where she sleeps well, and it just would not be restful. Her kids are older and more appreciative of that type of trip. So we may go and stay in a place and go hiking during the day.
I stayed home for my first year with K, long story short, I was working for a start up that didn't last long, so it was difficult to interview 8 months pregnant, and with the year severence, hey, why not...she needed me, she was sick a lot, so it just worked out for the best. On my first week with my new job a year later, I passed this trailer on the way for my training and told my hubby about it, since I was back to work, we could afford a camper, and not have to deal with the tent....it is like our little home, I love it and it is PERFECT for the three of us....we brought it with us this weekend, and we had a great time. The first night, we had the biggest cookout, all three families, 12 of us, sitting around after we swam in the pool and went down the water slide, and just ate well (steaks, hot dogs, hamburgers, corn and yummy salad)...it felt so good to entertain everyone in such a simple fashion...when you are home you have to worry about your house, etc..it was so nice....we had a wonderful time, made smores, the kids watched movies in the camper and we all went to bed at about 11:00...the next day we went to Sturbridge Village http://www.osv.org/, a place that I have always wanted to go to....I made this plan and everyone decided they wanted to come, it was AWESOME! It was hot, so a few of us decided to go back to the campground and go swimming while the others that love history stayed and watched the revolutionary war reenactment (the soldiers all set up overnight the night before and sleep in their tents, very real)...K especially had the best weekend, hanging with her friends..she loves new experiences and time with these kids...Both mornings I made homemade blueberry pancakes for the gang with bacon, eggs, english muffins..it was the best...I fit almost everyone in side with seating...what a complete blast we had! I then thought, why cant life at home be this simple? This is what I LOVE! Has anyone out there been camping? It is just so rejuvenating. I have decided that when I go camping, I will definitely investigate where we go...I like the campgrounds that have less to offer on the grounds, more privacy and more to offer in the form of sightseeing outside of the grounds, and more nature activities. The more they offer on the grounds, the more crowded it is....I like peace and serenity....the one upstate new york was like that, jellystone was not (I dont have any pics of that trip, no digital!) What a lovely experience with my family and friends...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home