Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Tuesday's Play



Today I had some lovely little girls over that watch Kayla on Thursdays, her mom had to work, and we swapped a day, I told them we would be making cards, and they came loaded with stampin' up products and all sorts of goodies. I wish my digital was working, because they were so creative in their card making. It was breathtaking. They are 11 and 8 and you should have seen their creations. The 8 year old left one behind for me. My K was in the other room for a while with the paper cutter and we were not sure what she was doing, she came into our craft area and presented us all cards for her 'flower pary'. I am having her birthday party with the theme of flowers, garden and bugs...we have all ages and I always try to do something for everyone to enjoy. It is the one time a year that we have everyone together and we have fun with our creativity. I made a few cards, one for a good friend who just experienced a loss, and another thank you for a neighbor who had sent up some goodies the other day for us which I put in her mailbox as soon as I made it. I struggle with letting myself give into my creativity and follow the rules I think too much. I feel stifled sometimes, as I did yesterday, maybe it is because I think of everything i need to do all of the time....Today I am working the 'later' shift, I got a call from work that someone needed me to switch which works out good, it gives me another day with K to monitor her on a new medicine that she is taking. She is fine, but her her privacy, I wont tell all of you, just a little something that she is going through that is being fixed by some medication....that the doctor wanted her on last year, and I finally gave in because I tried everything else....kind of wierd after the visit, I ran into a girl I used to work with in the waiting room who said her son was on it, then the pharmacist told me her girl was on it, and a friend of mine who I had to touch base with that day said her son was on it too....it for medical reasons, and I know it is the right choice, just hard for mama....(I cant get any photos to post, will post later)

1 Comments:

  • At 5:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Sweet Memories,
    This is my first visit to your blog. I'm a fellow "True Balance" blogger, so I found you on Melba's sidebar.

    I love your self description: more fun/art/life and less worry. What a fantastic tack on life.

    That flower drawing in today's post is breathtaking. I don't have kids, so I rarely get to see children's art. Post more!

    I'm looking forward to sharing the path with you toward True Balance.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home