Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Lies I Tell Myself


I am catching up with http://www.mixedmediamemoirs.com/ which I made a commitment to when I started blogging, it got me to journal more and think weekly of a topic and what it meant to me. This week's topic is 'The lies I tell Myself". I think I brush things off a lot and don't think of how some things affect me, for the safely of myself and others. I take the burden of a lot of hurt feelings of everyone, to spare them pain. In other words, I beat myself up over everything. Sometimes I am just oblivious to things because they bother me so much I cannot confront them. Writing helps, and my new healthy outlook has been helping. I broke down and went to weight watchers, I could stand to lose about 20. I didn't feel so bad when I saw 99% of the people there were a lot larger than I was. I felt that this is not so much of an issue, it can be fixed with the loss of a few pounds, that is all. I have achieved greater things in life, why make it so hard. So, I have been doing it for a week, getting through my 10 hour work days easier with more energy, accomplishing more around the house, feeling better in my clothes. I don't have a scale, so I don't know how much I have lost, I hope I did some because it will feel better when they go around the room with success stories. So, I have already come a long way with the Reading True Balance group, I am grateful to have found this book and the group reading it. (I have to post the photo tomorrow, cant upload it for some reason)....

2 Comments:

  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Suzie Ridler said…

    We can be so hard on ourselves about our personal development whether it's physical, emotional or spiritual. It isn't until we see other people's struggles that we can compare where we're at and say, hey, I'm actually doing pretty well. There's room for improvement but I see now how far I have come.

    Taking care of our bodies is definitely a root chakra issue and your commitment to taking care of yourself and feeling better is amazing.

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger Miss Robyn said…

    I am a weight watcher - I lost about 13 kilos, not sure how many pounds that is. But it made me feel good to do it for me. sacred Suzy says we can be so hard on ourselves. how I agree with that! I am particularly hard on my spiritual self.
    still waiting for my book to arrive..cannot wait to start!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home