Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Good and Bad Days

I have so many really good days that can instantly turned into a bad day becasue of my sensitivity and concerns. Yesterday I did my Wednesday thing, work from 7-5 (well, I went in at 6 to 'catch up' on writing some reviews for employees); got dressed at work, went to karate to watch K for a half hour, left there to go to a weight watchers meeting, found out I lost another 3.8, so I am up to 9 lbs in three weeks, now why cant I be happy with that? I felt like I had lost 10 and told everyone I did, so I felt like I disappointed myself. My husband has said nothing to me about it, until I came home, his way of 'caring' and he says he never knows what to say, because it seems whatever he does I might take offense to...so he said, "so how much"..I didnt answer and it began sort of starting a little attitude going back and forth....and it sucked because I know my lack of response started a little spat...just a non supportive, judgemental little thing right before bed....so, now I wake up feeling unfullfilled and awful....I feel unmotivated....b eat up... I love him dearly and I dont mean to bitch about him, and I hope that is not the way I am coming across but I feel as though I have supported him in every way that I can over the past years and feel as though he has just gotten comfortable with the way I have been, and now I need a little more. I am going through some serious life decisions right now with getting pregnant and figuring out what I will do with my career if I do, and if I cant we are going to go the adoption route. I just feel like I want him to be the stronger one. I dont want to be, I want to look to him to be..and it just seems like he wants me to be this tough woman that I am just not right now...I am weak, I am faking that I am strong enough to handle everything that is happening right now. I feel ok about my weight loss, and in the past I would let stress get off track, and I am not right now, I am moving forward with the day of healthy and controlled eating..I am already down a size and I feel great, only 8 more pounds to lose and I will be where I was before I got pregnant. I want to share my loss with my mom, but want to 'surprise' her when I see her, and maybe it is my way of not wanting to disappoint her if I fall off. I dont think I will fall off. We are leaving for vacation on Monday night late, and returning on Sunday early day for soccer. You see my vacation plans are 'selfless' too, I booked late Monday night even though we have our timeshare starting Sunday so my hubby could wrap up any necessary paperwork or jobs on Monday which is a holiday, so he will have all day to do that, then coming back early on Sunday am so my daughter could still go to her soccer and not miss one. Now I have to balance cleaning the house, doing bills, getting everything done for a big corporate visit on Monday, packing, and then figuring out what I will eat while I am away. They have a new Core Plan on Weight Watchers that you can eat chicken, steaks, seafood, kind of like Atkins, and I talked about it at last nights meeting, this is what I will have to do so I dont have to count those points and write down everything I eat. You can eat 'whatever' from the menus. I have made reservations at places that have fish and meat, restaurants that I usually dont eat at, but it will be a nice change..something different....I will be celebrating my 39th birthday there on October 12th and eating at Boma http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/dining/diningDetail?id=BomaFlavorsofAfricaDiningPage for dinner. My husband has already expressed concern that oh no, it is your birthday down there, what are we going to do for your 'party', I have only really given him a break once, which was last year, and let him do something big for me...usually I just like it to be celebrated quietly with the three of us...you see everyone thinks I am just so outgoing and like things big, I truthfully am a mellow, quiet, person who likes quiet moments with my family.....so I am glad that I am going down to Florida to 'escape' the realities of home and work. I tend to 'babble' in my posts and I am sorry, it is just a way that I get what is bothering me 'out' without having to worry anyone around me...the truth is I am worried about how we are going to get along, I want to just relax but I dont want to agree with everything and just go along for the ride....I want to express myself and be listened to.....

2 Comments:

  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger Suzie Ridler said…

    I think putting yourself first is one of the toughest lessons for women to learn and it seems like that's where you are right now. You're doing amazing with the WW and should feel fabulous about it! I haven't been able to lose 9 pounds in a decade and you did it in such a short time.

    Whenever there is a change in attitude men tend to not be sure how to deal with it. Be sensitive to that but don't stop trying to put yourself first! To appeal to your thoughtful soul, remember, you can do more for other people if you're feeling good about yourself!

     
  • At 11:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Sweet Memories,
    I have insomnia, so I'm glad to come down to my computer and find your long post to read. At first I was put off by the sadness and flatness. So many of us put on our happy faces when we write out posts. But then I realized that you were just unloading, so I got in that mode and listened deeply.

    A few sleepy reactions:
    * My husband (and Dr. Phil) explained to me that when I start emoting without explaining, it's like I am speaking Mongolian to him. He said that it hurts him and scares him when I get strident with him. He asked that I treat him really gently, like a 5 year old boy and explain what's going on. That has helped us a lot.

    * Did you say NINE pounds. Oh my God! That is major. That merits a goal post dance!

    * It seems like the blogging is a great way to take care of your Self. So is the WW.

    * Here are three invisible permission slips to enter the secret garden of your heart and do three things to care and nurture for your beautiful, loveable, worthy self. Use as directed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home