Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Peace


I have to post, I just got back from a weekend away with my lovely sister in law, Julia, and my nephew Cody. We went to a wonderful place in the mountains, in a town lined with the most amazing little shops. There was a restaurant as a part of the hotel called Flatbreads. This place was the most amazing dinner I have had ever. We were greeted by the most amazing staff, laid back and hippie style, and had flatbread made of from all organic and fresh ingredients. Check it out....here....http://www.americanflatbread.com/philosophy/the_oven.htm..this is where they cooked my pizza...and here is a copy of the most amazing menu...http://www.americanflatbread.com/restaurants/our_menu.htm..we had a special..a veggie one with pesto, goat cheese....with the a light balsamic vinegar brushed on the crust....we stayed here...http://www.easternslopeinn.com/ in a suite behind the hotel with a full kitchen and jacuzzi tub..just what the two of us needed...and our favorite stores....http://twistedgiraffe.com/...the owner, Nella, what a sweetheart...when we went into her beautiful boutique (check out some of her stuff, it is so adorable!) she greeted us with her doggie on the counter..his name was Romeo..well, come to find out, it is the thing to do in the stores on the street, we met many cats and dogs that owners bring to work with them...we went about one mile down the street to a little dog treet store and got Romeo some of his favorites (when we told the girls that worked there who we were getting a surprise for, they knew who we were talking about, one of the girls claimed to be the doggie god mother!) My little one was just in love with Romeo, we walked all the way back a mile past all the toys stores, ice cream stores, candy stores, she wanted NOTHING to do with them. When we got to the Twisted Giraffe, Nella and Romeo met us again and Nella let Kayla sit behind the counter, Kayla was amazed the doggie licked her face and Kayla fed him treets, Nella sent Kayla off with coconut and apple scented bubble bath with her and her cousin used in the jacuzzi tub with their bathing suits on when we got back. She spoke of Romeo all night, so we travelled back again to the doggie store, more treets and a charm to go around his collar, Romeo and Nella didnt make it to work today, but we left the bag with another shop owner next door that was sure to deliver it the next day she came back...Nella informed me her shop will be closing on Thursday, due to personnal matters, she wanted to fill me in because she knew how attached Kayla was already...Everywhere we went, everything we ate, everything we bought, there was a special flavor of sweetness to it all, a special flavor that not everyone likes, only a few people in my life that can appreciate the lovely things in life, and one is Julia, and her son Cody, I am so glad to have spent this time with them, to learn that there are people in my life that there are no other expectations than loving eachother, appreciating the basics in life....my sweet sister in law Julia, I wont get into her personnal life here, but this girl has been through so much and continues to keep her body well, practicing yoga, working on her soul, I look up to my little sister and am glad to have spent the time with her...I will post pictures later! Had to share my wonderful time with everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home