Sweet Memories

I am a career woman with one child, striving to find a better balance between life/work. I enjoy documenting memories, and am striving to get more creative with sharing them with others. I struggle with making decisions, and am seeking a stronger support system and want to learn from others' experiences. I want to connect more with those that have a sweet sensitive spirit.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Have Faith


Georgia from http://justdandily.blogspot.com/ sent me the most beautiful package through Monday's swap at http://www.bealivebelievebeyou.com/create/. I dont blog much and dont really have it down, so bear with me. What I do know is I have a lot of beautiful things and ways to express, so I dont let my technical inexpertise turn me away. Anyway, of couse I checked out Georgia's blog and noticed her fascinating necklaces that she makes. When she emailed me, I told her whatever she wanted to send I would love, and of course in my little heart, I would die for one of her necklaces, but never like to pressure anyone, I know how finding time to create sometimes gets! I received one of her beautiful necklaces with the phrase "Have Faith". I consider myself one of the most spiritual people I know, and my daughter has such a sweet soul, she seems like she has lived before, her thoughts are so inspiring and I have been thinking of going to a Unitarian Church that the owner of her preschool goes too. She says that Kaylas thoughts about Love, life after death, heaven and God are a lot deeper than any kid she has ever run into and that she thinks her church would be a good place for her. I have been trying to decide how I will find the time on Sundays, which I do work every other and travel a lot of the weekends off, to get together with her to go to her church. I have done a lot for the church, prepared the gift bags for the annual holiday party that they have for the battered children and women's shelter (and spent hours on each gift bag!, all 25 of them!), I have been silently doing this for years, because I love her teacher, she is a mentor to me, and I truly believe that the school had an opening for her days before it began two years ago (now you can NEVER get a spot at this school, it very sought after), well, some spirit brought us there. So with this necklace, I just wore it like it was a cross today, I love black cords on necklaces, have always wanted to get one, and always wanted to wear something inspirational around me, showing people what I am all about. I felt like good spirits were with me today. I have recently began researching "approval addiction' and think I fit the mold well, and have been working on making decisions for the right reasons and not trying to please everyone around me. It is wierd, I am at a different stage in my spiritual development, and then I am paired up with georgia, who sends me a necklace that reads "Have Faith"...she also sent along some magnets made of bottle caps, that read Play, Inspire, Create and Live...hmm..did she know that I have quotes all around my house made of silver letters that I place black and white photos behind to keep me reminded of the simple sweet things in life?! I am having problems posting photos and will as soon as I can! I had this beautiful art next to my bed last night laid out on my nightstand, ...I have never seen anything like these..Georgia, thank you.....and thanks to Maryann http://firstborn.wordpress.com/ who hosted this swap, and to Melbahttp://www.bealivebelievebeyou.com/ who created CaC! You girls are all an inspiration to me!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:24 AM, Blogger Georgia said…

    I am so happy you liked them!!! I looked through your blog to try and get an idea of your personality before i made the necklace, so I am thrilled that you like it :)

    I would have emailed you back but I am out of town until monday and didn't get a chance before we left.

    That picture of the magnets and necklace turned out really cool!! What are they sitting on?

    xoxo
    Georgia

     
  • At 1:50 AM, Blogger sweet memories said…

    Hi! I kept checking to see if you found out I received my beautiful art! The picture is on the base of the little lamp on my desk. It is something my mom had given me, she gets tired of her things quickly, and then when I go to NY she puts out some things that she wants me to have..anything from her house just brings calm to mine...I hope you are enjoying your out of town visit!I have one coming up on Friday, going to New Hampshire with my sister in law and the two kids...just the girls with the kiddies..really looking foward to just winter sports and swimming indoors...I will be in touch! Thank you again for my beautiful treasures...

     
  • At 4:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Sweet Memories,

    You seem like a very grateful and humble person. That's refreshing! I agree with you the Melba has done a wonderful thing in creating Create a Connection.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home